Design Operation Assistance
Architectural Design Manager
- Responsible for the development and implementation of operational training for architects and engineers regarding the BIM Software, Revit, including regular refresher training and training on system updates, as well as pre-employment BIM/Revit technical testing to assist with the selection of new employees and technical testing of current employee competence.
- Establish and implement an appropriate system of BIM file management and ensure it is appropriately maintained and monitored at all levels for standardization, accuracy and good file management through regular and thorough auditing.
- Review, and propose suggestions to implement continuous improvement practices for quality management for Design.
- Organize and maintain a library of BIM components and details in order to optimize the efficiency of the design teams, as well as consistently follow-up the production in order to deliver design documents in a timely manner, as well as managing and planning all printing works for projects.
- Provide information and suggestions regarding software alternatives and upgrades, and work directly with the IT department to ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Undertake forecasting and evaluation of material and equipment needs to ensure appropriate levels of resourcing are maintained at all times.
- Liaise with the IT Department to ensure that proper network mapping is established on the server, with appropriate permissions in place for access, and that disaster recovery and back ups are regularly undertaken to ensure business continuity for design.
- Audit BIM model storage and establishment of permission protocols.
- Make recommendations for software upgrades and licensing.
- Assess technical employees and candidates regarding their competence in BIM/Revit.
- Degree qualifications or technical qualifications in architecture, engineering or drafting.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced knowledge of information technology systems and software for design including: network mapping; AutoCAD; Revit; Microsoft Suite, with the ability to be able to advise others on the most efficient and effective use and ensuring knowledge is maintained at a high level.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to manage filing, scheduling and the time of others to meet project requirements.
- Advanced presentation and communication skills with the ability to develop and lead training sessions ensuring learning outcomes are met.
YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 5 years experience in BIM Management within a similar sized multinational organization.