- Responsible for the management of the construction team including mentoring, scheduling their activities, recruitment and performance management of the team members.
- Directing the construction team through all construction phases of a project including contractor coordination and all aspects of site management.
- Check and ensure the project brief, all design briefs, drawings and specifications and all project relevant information are executed as per clients objectives.
- Contact with Suppliers of Construction materials/equipment in order to be aware of the most efficient & cost effective application and working methods.
- Monitoring construction progress, quality and safety, and initiating action to rectify any non-conformance.
- Supervise onsite contractor(s) for their safety, quality, equipment and maintenance of appropriate resourcing levels.
- Preparing construction information for inclusion in the project report, providing all relevant information to the project manager.
- Monitoring the preparation of contractors final accounts obtaining relevant certificates and submission to the client for payment.
- Ensuring the inclusion in the contract and subsequently requesting the design team, consultants and contractors to supply the client with as-built and installed drawings, operations and maintenance manuals, as well as ensuring adequate arrangements have been made for training of clients engineering and maintenance staff.
- Licensed civil engineer / architect
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced technical abilities in construction management, with the ability to train and mentor others to develop further their skills in contractor management, safety, quality management, and site-based design management.
- Advanced attention to detail, particularly in respect to contractual requirements, design/site drawings, quality of construction works and construction standard methods.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write clear reports, site instructions/memos and meeting minutes that are clear and understandable.
- Previous experience managing multicultural project teams in an expatriate environment either in Asia, the Middle East, Africa or South America.
- Intermediate leadership skills, ensuring teams are well motivated, organized, able to provide clear direction and manage conflict.
- Intermediate client management skills, including demonstrable persuasiveness, negotiation skills and inter-personal skills.
- Intermediate working knowledge of software used in project management including: Microsoft Project, Primavera, Team Binder, Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite.
- Experience in construction management consultancy services in industrial & high rise projects
- Age ranges from 38-45 years old
- Willing to be assigned all over the country
- Teamwork player and willing to work with demanding/ challenging projects
- Possesses good moral character
YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 12+ years experience working on construction projects including a minimum of 8 years experience managing construction teams