• Provide administrative support for the functional area of the project within which they are allocated, or for the project team as a whole, as required by the structure of the project team.
• Coordinate incoming and outgoing correspondence related to the project, ensuring the timely transmittal of documents to the appropriate recipient.
• Assist with the collection of information for the project reporting from each relevant function, and the collation of the information into the appropriate format for the reporting.
• General administrative duties as required including, but not limited to: organizing meetings; filing; archiving; ensuring the site office is well organized and tidy; check invoices and receipts for employee expenses.
• Support the Construction Manager to :
o Review and comment on drawings, specifications and any other documents that may required for the project.
o Control and coordinate detail/shop drawing design activities in term of quality and progress
o Attend and develop minutes of meeting in construction and client meetings on site
o Review and approval of all submissions specific to discipline, method statement and procedures prior to issue and sign off by line manager where applicable.
o Review and comment in respect to As Built Drawings, and operations manuals.
o Provide technical support for the functional area of the project within which they are allocated, or for the project team as a whole, as required by the structure of the project team. Assign duties to other site engineers and coordinate their activities
• Review and inspect the contractor capability in term of personnel, equipment and other conditions with regard to the contract/bid conditions and legal requirements
• Attend and develop minutes of meeting in construction and client meetings on site where applicable
• Where applicable provide suggestions or observations in respect to the element of the works.
• Carry out inspections based upon site specific requirements as directed
• Degree qualified in engineering, architecture, or equivalent work experience (supervisor level).
• 2+ years experience in construction/site environment. Including main contractor and consultancy
• Experience in administrative role is an asset.
• Advanced time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes on occasion.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to collate materials into a template report.
• Demonstrate previous ability to manage engineers in a site environment
• Advanced organizational skills
• Intermediate working knowledge of software Excel Autocad & word.
• Team player and able to adapt to changes within the construction process
• Fluency in written and spoken English is preferred. French is an advantage.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Organizational and positive attitude
Good archiving and filing
YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED