Architectural Design Manager
Ho Chi Minh Office
Group Architectural Design Director
• Responsible for the Design Management of large scale architectural and urban projects from Concept design stage to Design for Construction.
• Management of the architectural design teams.
• Responsible for enhancing the quality of design, as well as develop architectural business and expand Archetype Group image as a consultant of choice.
• Operational control of Architectural projects, checking resources, and proposing design schedules in line with projects milestones.
• Make sure the client’s expectations are in line with the contractual requirements. Ensure the schedule as well as the scopes of work are appropriate.
• Manage design teams to conduct high quality architectural design for assigned projects.
• Participate in design meetings as part of design coordination and to ensure deadlines and milestones are respected.
• Advise the Business Development Department with regard to design resources, man hours and scheduling for proposals.
• Liaise with other technical departmental Directors and Managers regarding the design on projects including structural and other engineering matters; cost management and quantity surveying.
• Ensure Architecture practices and procedures meet standards established and expected by the Group.
• Master of Architecture or equivalent: min 5 years of study.
• Major: Architecture, Urban Planning or related.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Specific experience in all design phases of Hospitality projects in Asia, resorts and city hotels, horizontal developments as well as high rise blocks including hotels.
• Experience in relation with global Hotel Operators, Management companies. Abilities in hotel programing, functional layout and artistic concept.
• Experience in Hospitality events and Hospitality Architectural panel talks and presentations.
• Experience in interior and landscape design or coordination with interior and landscape designers in relation to hotel design.
• Experience and knowledge cooperating with Hospitality consultants & suppliers involved in the hotel & resort design & construction business.
• Ability to make project presentations, to manage difficult clients, coordination of design teams, and resolve problems and seek out win-win solutions.
• Experience in management of multicultural project teams in an expatriate environment.
YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Seniority: Minimum of 15 years of post-graduate experience on construction projects
• Management level: at least 5 years of experience at similar position in multinational working environment