Architectural Design Manager
• Responsible for the overall management of their architectural design team, including the recruitment and development of Architecture Team members, mentoring team members, project allocation, ensuring proper staffing levels, performance management and training.
• Ensure the implementation of Architecture practices and procedures used by their team(s) meet the standards established and expected of the Group.
• Responsible for enhancing the overall quality of design, as well as developing the architectural business and enhancing the Archetype Group image as a consultant of choice.
• Ensuring the administration of Architectural projects is well managed, including using proper methods, tools and systems to ensure appropriate design coding, storage and retrieval of documentation.
• Operational control of Architectural projects ensuring that there are appropriate resources allocated for each project, each is scheduled appropriately and milestones are met within expected timeframes.
• Management of client expectations in line with the contractual requirements with the client, including: managing change requests and variations; managing issues that arise from the contract with the client; managing client expectations with respect to scheduling and ensuring that out of scope work is appropriately negotiated with the client.
• Manage design teams and self to conduct high quality architectural design for assigned projects.
• Participate in design meetings as part of the design coordination, resourcing and to ensure deadlines and milestones are on track.
• Assist the Business Development Department by providing advice regarding design resources, man hours and scheduling for proposals.
• Check thoroughly the design work undertaken by architectural team members to ensure a high quality output reflective of the standards expected by the Archetype Group, including minimization of design mistakes.
• Liaise with other technical departmental Directors and Managers regarding the desig
• Degree qualified in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Plumbing Engineering
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience managing architectural design teams, and provide them with leadership, mentoring and support.
• A strong design focus including experience working on notable building, tower design or other iconic/large scale projects.
• Advanced knowledge of design standards in Europe and Asia.
• Previous experience working on projects in Asia, and managing multicultural design teams.
• Strong design aesthetic and the ability to produce high quality design.
• Detail oriented, and the ability to anticipate and prevent, or address creatively design mistakes for the benefit of the client and the company.
• Advanced communication skills in written and spoken English and Mandarin
• Advance leadership skills, with the ability to motivate teams, organize and manage the time of others in a highly efficient manner.
• Advanced skills in the use of design software such as AutoCad and Revit, and in the use of office software such as Word, Excel and Open Office.
• Advanced communication skills including the ability to make project presentations, manage difficult clients, coordination of design teams. Importantly, this role requires the incumbent to resolve problems and seek out win-win solutions.
• Advanced leadership skills, with the ability to lead by example, provide clear direction, gain the respect of team members and clients, demonstrate decisiveness and issues management.
YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Years of experience: Senior Design Manager: a minimum of 12 years experience with a minimum of 6 years managing design teams; Design Manager: a minimum of 10 years experience with a minimum of 5 years managing design teams; Deputy Director: a minimum of 8 years experience with a minimum of 4 years managing design teams.