Architect Team Leader
• Lead the production of design drawings of medium or large scale projects by managing the team resources, ensuring the schedule of the project is met, coordinating within the team and across the other disciplines (Structural, Civil, MEP).
• Ensuring that the drawings for each project are well organized, clear and professional.
• Ensure that appropriate design quality standards (including following CAD standards) are met for all designs made within their team.
• provide team members appropriate assistance to ensure the proper design quality and scheduling is met.
• Administrative management of the architectural team including.
• Attend client meetings with Design Manager as required, and provide appropriate support and assistance to these meetings.
• Attend site meetings, check contractor submittals, meet suppliers and other construction-related functions as required under the supervision of the Design Manager.
• Research via the internet, networking and meeting suppliers in order to identify appropriate materials for the project.
Degree qualified in Architecture.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Advanced skills with AutoCAD, Revit is a plus.
• Advanced design management and organizational skills with the ability to manage the time of others in an efficient manner, ensuring that project milestones are met within expected timeframes.
• Advanced ability to produce design details including: waterproofing, windows, etc.
• Knowledge of design standards and codes.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
A minimum of 5 years experience in Architecture and Design Coordination, and a minimum of 1 year experience leading architectural design teams.