Health & Safety Engineer
- Ensure that health and safety systems and procedures are implemented on site through regular inspections and audits.
- Preparing and issuing non-conformance or breach for approval of the Safety/Project Manager.
- Participate with the Safety Manager to coordinate with contractors to ensure that appropriate safety plans are in place and being adhered to.
- Undertake risk management and hazard reduction procedures to anticipate and prevent site safety problems.
- Investigate safety incidents, including the emergency procedure is followed, incident register is maintained and injuries are reported.
- Prepare the site monthly safety report for the review of the Safety Manager.
- Ensure awareness of site workers and contractors of safety standards, including but not limited to, running toolbox talks regarding safety.
- Any 4-year course / Degree qualified in Engineering
- Possesses safety certificates by recognized body/ agency
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Maintain an intermediate knowledge of safety regulations and compliance requirements.
- Intermediate skills in ensuring compliance including the confidence to strictly administer safety systems and close sites if necessary.
- Intermediate attention to detail, particularly in respect to safety requirements of Archetype Group and site contractors.
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write clear reports.
- Intermediate client and contractor management skills, including demonstrable negotiation skills and inter-personal skills.
- Intermediate working knowledge of software used in project management including: Team Binder, Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Intermediate in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite.
- Experience in construction management consultancy services in industrial & high rise projects
- Preferably college graduate in a 4-year course degree
- Age ranges from 28-35 years old aggressive towards EHS implementation
- Knowledgeable with national/ local EHS regulations
- Willing to be assigned all over the country
- Teamwork player and willing to work with demanding/ challenging projects
- Willing to work with the direction of superiors
- Possesses good moral character
YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 5+ years experience in site safety management.