HVAC Team Leader
MEP Engineering Manager
• Perform duties as assigned by the MEP Engineering Manager/Director.
• Lead the team in preparing the concept, basic and detail design drawings in Auto CAD MEP or in Revit M&E.
• Assist with the daily management and monitoring of the MEP Engineering Team (as per their dedicated discipline/bias) in the undertaking of their duties to ensure the quality provision of engineering services, design and calculations, including project allocation and timesheet approvals.
• Liaise with the project architects, other engineering disciplines, sub-consultants and clients as required.
• Undertake checking (quality assurance) of design drawings and calculations prepared by him/her or his/her team members.
• Ensure that all drawings and calculations are reviewed and checked by the MEP Engineering Manager/Director prior to external and/or internal issue.
• Lead the team in producing MEP design briefs, documents, design reports and specifications prior to the review of Design Mangers.
• Ensure the accuracy of all design calculations and drawings and it has been reviewed by design Managers prior to issuance.
• Prepare a daily work record to monitor progress of the team and submit a weekly progress report of each project to the Design Manager.
• Advise the Design Manager for problems that may alter the target design completion/submission of any assigned project.
• Assist with CAD MEP design drawings as required.
• Assist with the implementation of Revit.
• Lead the team in reviewing shop drawings and material submissions from contractors and submit all comments to the MEP Engineering Manager.
• Ensure that Company’s design procedures and professional standards/rules are applied within their team, and ensure compliance with all procedures.
• Liaise with contractors and undertake site inspection duties as required.
• Ensure all the designs are in accordance with local codes and international standards.
• Check all prepared design calculations and selected equipment are correctly sized.
• Degree qualified in Mechanical, Environmental or Electrical Engineering.
• Be a licensed Mechanical/Electrical/Environmental Engineer, or possess at least equivalent Chartered or Registered Engineering accreditation and membership from a Professional Engineering Institution in another country.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
. Advanced knowledge of design software in relation to the MEP design including AutoCAD and Revit and MS office software such as Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project & Access.
. Previous experience working within an Engineering consulting environment, with a clear focus on design experience.
. Intermediate time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage the time of others and to ensure efficiency of organizational processes.
• Intermediate written and spoken communication skills.
• Site inspection or supervision experience on building construction projects.
• Advanced knowledge of International Building Codes and Design Standards including environmental bu
YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Years of experience: Minimum of 8 years of post graduate experience within their specialized discipline.
A minimum of 5 years experience leading HVAC teams within a multinational organisation.